Gangtok, 21st March 2023(IPR): The 3rd Teacher’s Conference 2022-23 on ‘Sharing The Findings Of Action Research on Foundational Literacy & Numeracy’ concluded today.
The two days conference was organised by the District Institute of Education and Training, DIET, Lower Burtuk, near Helipad.
Ms. Gloria Namchu, Director, of Planning, cum Special Secretary, Education Department, Gangtok, was the special chief guest of the programme. Also present were Dr Robin Chettri, Director, SCERT, Ms.Tshering Ki Denzongpa, Chief Education Officer, Gangtok,Mr. A Chettri, Chief Education Officer, Pakyong, Mr. Milan Subba, State Project Director, Samagra Siksha, Ms. Tshering Lhamu Bhutia, Jt Director SCERT, Mr.David Lingdon, Jt Director, Kabi (BSE), Mr.Tshering Wangdi Bhutia, Principal, DIET, HODs of different schools, officials from the Education Department, officers, and faculty members of DIET.
During the two-day conference, 37 participant teachers from different schools introduced the case studies they experimented with during their classroom teaching experience with students concerning Action Research on Foundation Literacy and Numeracy through PowerPoint presentations.
Following the presentation, a brief discussion occurred between the teachers and other proficients attending the programme in which various observations and suggestions were made.
Teacher Participants from Nandok and Kabi Block in the session included the following participants-
1. Ms. Mimna Limboo, TNSS, Gangtok
2. Ms. Christina Luksom, Govt. Jr High School, Upper Syari
3. Ms. Denza Lepcha, Govt Jr High School, Nandok
4. Ms. Tshering Kipu Lepcha, Govt.Jr High School, Bhusuk
5. Ms. Naina Sharma, Govt. Senior Secondary School, Pabyuik
6. Mr. Pranil Subba, Govt. Sr. Secondary School, Sichey
7. Mr Ongchu Lepcha, Modern Senior Sec. School
8. Ms Purnima Gurung, Govt. Jr. High School, Lower Burtuk
9. Ms. Yangchen Doma Bhutia, Govt. Jr. High School, Lingding
10. Ms. Lakit Lepcha, Govt. Jr. High School, Namong Arithang
11. Ms. Chomula Denzongpa, West Point Sr. Sec. School
12. Mr. Diwash Gurung, Govt. Sec. School, Burtuk
13. Ms. Trinity Grace Namchu, Govt. Sr. Sec. School, Tadong
14. Ms Goma Chettri, Govt. Primary School, Nimthang
15. Ms. Phurmit Lepcha, Govt. Sec. School, Lumsey
16. Ms. Banki Lhamu Bhutia, Govt. Primary School, Shotak
17. Ms. Nikita Rai, Govt. Primary School, Pangthang
18. Mr. Tashi Tseten Bhutia, Govt. Primary School, 4th Mile
19. Mr. Bhawani Shanker Sharma, Govt. Primary School, Middle Syari
2O. Ms. Sushila Bernadette Lepcha, Govt. Primary School, Yalli, Nandok
1. Ms. Yangchen Lepcha, Kalzang Gyatso Sr. Sec School
2. Mr. Karzong Bhutia, Govt. Primary School, Ramthang
3. Ms.Yangden Lepcha, Govt. Primary School, Molom
4. Ms Samkit Lepcha, Govt. Primary School, Chawang
5. Ms. Kala Sharma, Govt. Jr. High School, Nampong
6. Ms. Nikki Lepcha, Govt. Sec. School, Phensong
7. Ms. Dawa Lhamu Lepcha, Govt. Jr. High School, Phamtam
8. Ms. Passang Kipu Lepcha, Govt. Primary School, Phodong Gumpa
9. Ms. Sonamit Lepcha, Govt. Sec. School, Penlong
10. Ms Passingkit Lepcha, Govt. Primary School, Labirang
11. Ms. Gyanmit Lepcha, Govt. Primary School, Tanek
12. Mr. Bijay Kr Darjee, Govt. Primary School, Tingda
13. Ms. Gaden Lepcha, Govt. Sr. Sec. School, Phodong
14. Ms. Sonam Doma Bhutia, Govt. Primary School, Gairee
15. Ms. Ongmula Bhutia, Govt. Primary School, Pangthang, Kabi
16. Mr. Bhim Kumar Rai, Govt. Primary School, Shipping
17. Ms. Sonam Yangchen Bhutia, Govt. Primary School, Navy
During the event, the dignitaries launched the e-learning platform, training module, research compilation, and annual bulletin programme.
Similarly, the dignitaries also felicitated thirty-seven teacher presenters with a certificate and a memento.
Smt Munna Tamang, Principal Kalzang Gyatso, SSS, Kabi, and Smt Tshering Yangzom Bhutia, CRC Coordinator, Kabi Block, Education Department, were felicitated for their active participation in the technical session.
Smt Karma Pansy Namgpa, a Retired teacher, was also felicitated with a memento for her presence at the two-day conference.
Likewise, a letter of apprehension was presented to Shri Chandra Kr Mangar for his remarkable services as an employee of DIET.
Shri Rup Narayan, the 3rd-semester student, was also felicitated for his representation as an NSS volunteer of the State in the Republic Day Parade, New Delhi.
Chairpersons of the 3rd Teachers Conference 2022-23, Mr. Rajiv Philip, Dr. M. Dhal, and Dr. Mahindra Tamang, were also felicitated during the event.
Ms. Gloria Namchu congratulated the teachers who were felicitated for their research. She said that teachers play an integral role in raising the standard of education. She stated that the New Education Policy has emphasized the importance of serious efforts to increase access to quality education for all students regardless of any distinction. She further applauded all the teachers who shared their innovative ideas at the conference.
Lastly, she expressed her gratitude to DIET for successfully organising the 3rd Teacher Conference.
In his short speech, Dr. Robin Chettri said that the conference saw a series of reforms to enhance the quality and accessibility of education. He said the education policy is geared toward students in rural areas and the development of vocational education. He added that the policy aims to make a child construct their reading and writing with comprehension skills. Dr. Robin Chettri congratulated all the participating teachers.
Shri Tshering Wangdi Bhutia, Principal DIET, briefly explained the 1st and 2nd Teachers Conference.
He informed that the objective of the programme is to provide a platform for teachers to share and discuss their innovative ideas regarding teaching methodologies. He also highlighted that the mission of NIPUN BHARAT (National initiative on proficiency understanding and numeracy) is to achieve Foundational Numeracy (EL&N) by 2026-27 literacy.
Further, he informed that Samagra Shiksha guidelines & NIPUN implementation guidelines have envisaged DIET to carry out collaborative action research to solve many problems related to the teaching-learning process and to facilitate the Continous Professional Development of Teachers.
Smt Bindu Rai, CRC, Nandok and Kabita Chettri, CRC, Bhojoghari were felicitated for participating in the project’s first step in the Action Research Field.
Ms. Tenzing Norzom Bhutia, Lecturer, Health & Physical Education, coordinated the function.
The programme concluded with a vote of thanks proposed by Ms. Tashi Doma Acushla, Sr Lecturer, DIET.