Gangtok, November 29th (IPR): As per the directions of the Hon’ble Chief Minister of Sikkim, a team headed by the District Collector, East and comprising of Panchayat members of the GPU, ADC (Dev) Pakyong,SDM Pakyong, BDO/ Pakyong, CDPO Pakyong (Rural Project) and other officials of various line departments visited 23-Amba Gram Panchayat Unit today.
During the field visit team taken following decisions-
1. The team conducted one meeting with LUPIN Pharma representative regarding unemployed youths (212) of 23-Amba GPU & discussed to categorize the different sectors opportunities So that unemployed youth can be accommodated accordingly. Further requested to SDM Pakyong & Panchayat President to conduct Meeting with Company & Youths on the same issue.
2. Team visited resource recovery center site at Mamring started by a Private vender to segregate the garbage of GPU. Some money was provided to said vender as a support to run this as business by Honble MLA (5k), District Collector (10k), ADC(Dev) (5k) & SDM Pakyong (5k). Further Panchayat President has been requested to conduct Gram Sabha to aware public about garbage collection and to collect Rs 10 per month from each household to sustain this initiative.
3. Approach road from main road to resources recovery center at Mamring will be pitched by the PWD department.
4.The Panchayat President of Taaza GPU informed DC/E regarding community hall at Taza GPK. Therefore ADC(Dev) pakyong has been directed to expedite the approval from Rural Development Department under Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendra Scheme.
5. Team visited Gawshala at Mamring and found that construction work of Gawshala is slow, therefore Engineering cell, Rural Development Department will be informed to expedite it.
6.Team found footpath at Daregaon dangerous for commuters therefore one railing along foothpath was sanctioned on spot.
7. District Administrative Centre will provide 10 coils of polypipe to Panchayat President for water supply to wards as scarcity of water is main concern in the area.
8. Team sanctioned two footpaths on spot from Birddaara & Lepcha Dara to main road in convergence of MGNREGA and NC.
9. SDM Pakyong has been directed to setup a model Disaster Control Room at GPU.
10.The team inspected ICDS/Daregaon and sanctioned repairing and painting of ICDS to make model.
11.Regarding the beautification of Smriti Van and construction of Bandhe Prokhel statue Team requested Panchayat President to take up the matter to Hon’ble MLA to discuss.
12. Later on Team visited Taksang Primary School. As reported by Deputy director, HRDD school will be closed in next session due to less enrollment of Students but during inspection it is found that new construction of school building is going on (82 Lakh approx) and about to complete in two month. Therefore Panchayat President and Deputy director, HRDD will request to HRDD Secy to keep continue the School for next session at least as ward Panchayat ensured to increase the enrolment of students.
13. New footpath was sanctioned on spot from Taksang Primary School to PMGSY road in convergence of MGNREGA and NC.
14. Later team found that the GPU wants three sister vashundhara falls to be developed as tourist attraction spot at Lower Taksang. Tourism department will be informed about it to make dpr and to get sanctioned.
15. Team inspected ICDS/Taksang and sanctioned repairing and painting of ICDS. Team decided to provide 2 coil of polypipe and directed Panchayat President to resolve the problem of water scarcity in icds at the earliest.
16.Team visited Kaizaley ICDS & sanctioned repairing of old structure. One footpath from main road to ICDS was sanctioned on spot. Further Team sanctioned railing at ICDS compound in convergence with MGNREGA and NC.
18. Each Friday field visit was concluded with inspection of ADC (Dev) and Offfice of SDM. Team also visited the ongoing structure at pakyong under CSR provided by AAI.