Gangtok, January 2: The dry run for COVID-19 Vaccine was held at Urban PHC, Gangtok today.
The following Officers were present for monitoring and supervision of the dry run:
1. Director RCH cum State Immunization Officer
2. ADHS, Urban PHC
3. ADHS, Immunization
4. SDM, East
5. MO, RBSK
7. CHO, PHNO, LHV
8. UNDP Team.
Several media houses were present to witness the dry run being conducted.
A total of 25 beneficiaries were identified for the dry run (mock drill) and vaccinated as per the given SOP and was reported in the CO-WIN app. A three-room (waiting area, vaccination room and observation room) was set up for the dry run at UPHC, Gangtok according to operational guidelines.
The following process was followed:
1. Registration on the CO-WIN app using a valid photo ID.
2. Beneficiary received SMS messages on their registered mobile number. Once identified beneficiaries were allocated to the session after the creation of the session site.
3. Vaccination officer 1 checked registered beneficiaries as per the hard copy along with photo Id verification.
4. Vaccination officer 2 authenticated/verified documents on the CO-WIN app.
5. Vaccinator officer 3 vaccinated the verified beneficiary.
6. After vaccination, the beneficiary waited at the observation room for 30 minutes to check for any Adverse Event Following Immunization.
7. Vaccination officer 4 & 5 ensured that beneficiaries waited for 30 minutes at the observation room where COVID-19 related IEC was imparted. Also, minor AEFI cases were managed and serious cases were referred to AEFI Management Centre located at UPHC itself.
8. Vaccination officer 3 & 4 informed about the AEFI cases to vaccination officer 2 for reporting in the CO-WIN app. Accordingly, Vaccination officer 2 reported the AEFI case in the CO-WIN app.
9. Different possible scenarios regarding vaccination were also simulated during the dry run.
Lastly, Dr. Phumzay Denzongpa, Director RCH cum State Immunization Officer briefed the media about the ongoing dry run for COVID-19 vaccination.